Office Relocations – Moving a Phone System
They say moving house is more stressful than a death in the family. I guess they never tried to relocate a place of business. Even more stressful. But it doesn’t have to be.
We have supervised and relocated many offices and many phone systems. We are experts at co-ordinating timing so that your new office is up-and-running as soon as possible with minimal lost working hours to you and your staff.
If you have your own IT staff, we are happy to work with them and provide cabling maps and Comms rack layouts to them beforehand so you can best coordinate how the phone system and IT equipment will best be set up in your office space. If you don’t have your own IT staff, we have some very reliable and highly technical companies that we have worked with over the last 7 years that we can recommend.
A few tips to ensure a smoother transition:
- Start the process as soon as possible. As soon as you gain access to the new premises, we can run through where you would like your staff to sit, where the faxes, printers, eftpos machines and boardroom conference phones should wire out to.
- Get us in to run the cables before you clad the walls. This will save us time and you money.
- Order at least 1 PSTN line as soon as you get access to the new premises. This will help ensure you get your preferred internet connected to the line as soon as the telephone number has been installed. Some carriers can take up to 10 working days to get ADSL installed on a new phone line so this can cause an inconvenient delay in service for you.
- Once the cabling has been completed, the PSTN line in and the ADSL verified on a spare modem you are ready for the relocation.
- We can assist you in ordering with the carrier for the relocation of your lines. Of course if you have bought your system through us on TBS, we will fully arrange the relocation with Telstra for you.
- On the day of relocation we will turn up, backup the system, pack up the system and then re-install it at new location. We’ll connect the lines and all the handsets. We’ll test and make sure everything is the way you want it.
- We will reprogram the system as you see fit on the day for your new location, and if moving to larger premises, we can install extra cards and phones on desks ready for when staff move in.
- We’ll make sure we call you the next day to make sure everything worked out well for you.